Your Personal Development
Your personal development! Something we need to talk about! Back in the mid-80s, there was a sitcom that was popular to kids everywhere about a 12 year old boy who was reunited with his rich dad. As the son of a rich man, he had everything a kid could want. His room alone was a giant toy chest and thinking back I remember wondering what it would have been like to be a kid and not have to want for anything. Yes, I was an adult at that time but I had kids. And who, truthfully, has never wanted their kids to have everything their hearts desired especially when you could only afford to get them the basics. The kid in that sitcom was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and that meant he didn’t have to worry about money…ever!
Your Personal Development
Ah, to never have to worry about money! As a child, I always thought that rich people had it made and the rest of us, well, we didn’t. I thought that wealth and possessions belonged only to the rich – celebrities, moguls, CEOs and the like. It could never happen to the average person – the one struggling to make ends meet. But I now see how totally wrong I was. Why? Because all the great minds speak success and wealth into the minds of those who have the same belief system I grew up with. This is exactly why mindset is a necessary ingredient to anyone planning on achieving success in their business. You need personal development and your personal development does several things:
- it helps you gain a better understanding of yourself so you can get a clearer picture of what you desire and develop the stamina to go after it.
- it helps you connect with people and foster lasting relationships. You cannot undertake any venture alone. You need people and you need to know how to relate to them.
- it teaches you how to handle stress, anxiety and even fear. Any venture you pursue will have its share of challenges and a good dose of personal development gives you the boost you need to keep going.
- it assists you in creating goals to steer you in the direction of your life’s purpose. No matter what you want to achieve in life, you have to have a goal and then plans on how to reach those goals.
- it directs you in how to manage your time effectively and efficiently so you can get optimum results in your daily activities. So much time is wasted when you don’t schedule what you’re going to do each day.
- it teaches you how to handle your finances. In achieving our financial security, we must be certain not to lose out integrity at the same time.
- it stresses good health and the importance of living a balanced life. Sometimes we tend to get so involved with our work that we forget to take care of ourselves and take time out to enjoy life with our friends and families.
Where Can You Get Your Personal Development
Your personal development can come in so many forms. You can read books, watch videos or listen to CDs by personal development gurus like Les Brown, Tony Robbins, Jim Rohn, Robin Sharma and others. You may choose to attend live presentations where speakers get their message out to their audiences about uncovering the greatness that is within. With personal development as a daily ritual, and personal development MUST be a daily ritual, you will feel your muscles stretch and your thoughts burgeon. Everyone can accomplish anything they want, they simply have to believe it and work hard to achieve it. Success and wealth are not only for the well-to-do. They’re for me and you, too.
We may not have been born with silver spoons in our mouths but your personal development helps you change your mindset and gives you the opportunity to set goals, create a plan and work hard. In doing this, we can ALL have silver spoons and as many as we want!
If you found this post helpful, please leave a comment below and share on Facebook! Thank you!
Your partner on the journey,
P.S. Want to delve into the inner sanctums of your mind? Tackle your mindset and how to fix it for success! CLICK HERE “The Deep Abyss: Private VIP Access to an Inner-Circle, Top-Secret, High-Level Mastermind Guaranteed to Get You the Life of YOUR Dreams!“
Theresa Lovelace: Inspiring, Motivating and Coaching Business Builders.
If you enjoyed reading this post about Personal Development and Silver Spoons, please retweet and comment! Thank you!
Latest posts by Theresa Lovelace (see all)
- Is Sharing Social Media Content Written By Someone Else A No-No? - October 20, 2017
- How To Be More Productive In Your Network Marketing Business - October 10, 2017
- 5 Ways To Stand Out From The Competition - October 10, 2017