Looking for some productivity secrets? Productivity is defined as the measure of the efficiency of a person in converting inputs into useful outputs. As a student in school, you were asked to apply what you learned to produce something whether a science project, a math assignment or a special report. Your project gained you a favorable score because it was something that you produced.
In fact, anything you were asked to do in school was based upon what you learned and then the application of what you learned resulted in a product of some kind followed by a gain. Similarly, as employees of any company, we are asked to do the same. A company’s profits depends on the productivity of its workers. When workers produce, they get to keep their jobs.
Entrepreneurs and Productivity
The same holds true for entrepreneurs. We have to be productive on a daily basis to in order to profit from our endeavors. But the question is: How to be productive? Our product comes about as a result of some type of activity. We have to put something in to get something worthwhile out.
For so many entrepreneurs, however, much time is spent in small blurts of meaningless activities. These activities, such as checking Facebook news feeds, reading emails, then back to Facebook, maybe catch a TV show are not producing anything but are robbing us of precious time that should be devoted to building our businesses.
With all of life’s pressures, daily occurrences and other distractions, we have to be especially conscious of what we do to ensure that our businesses are getting the attention and time needed to become profitable. Learning productivity secrets can easily make this happen.
Here are nine productivity secrets for entrepreneurs:
- Set goals for the month, the week and the day. At the end of the day, reflect on what you did that day and what you plan to do the following day. Make a list of 4-5 leveraged activities and commit to do them each day. Engaging in these activities will position you closer to your goals. Remember, failing to plan is planning to fail.
- Set a deadline for yourself. Use a stop watch and time your activities for 60 minutes. If you don’t finish the activity within that time frame, move on. Schedule to finish the activity on the following day. When you set a deadline, you can accomplish so much more.
- Engage in MMA (money-making activities) daily. These activities are the ones that bring money to your business and include talking to prospects, producing content and driving traffic to your website or blog.
- Plan your learning and MMA as two separate activities. While continually adding to your knowledge base is key, time used for learning cannot produce money. Of course, what you learn will eventually help you earn money but it’s important to keep them separate.
- Mindset before marketing. Plan an hour (hour of power) per day on personal development. This could be in the form of listening to a CD while driving or at home, reading a book by an expert in your niche or viewing a video related to topics geared toward your edification and success.
- Master 1 or 2 marketing strategies. Stay with them no more than 90 days. Then add them to your repertoire. Continually adding to your arsenal of marketing strategies will equip you with enough tools to market your service or product confidently and efficiently.
- Create routines and habits. As activities become more routine and habitual, you’ll tend to do them as second nature.
- Take 10 minute breaks every hour. Step outdoors, drink water and reflect before going to your next activity. Always refresh and replenish to keep yourself alert and motivated.
- Live a balanced life. Schedule time for family and friends. Enjoy life!
Remember, progress occurs when you produce. So implement these productivity secrets into your daily regimen. Your personal productivity is what you need to get the success you’re striving for. Your business will thank you for it.
If you found value in this content, please leave a comment and share on Facebook! Thank you!
Your partner on the journey,
Theresa Lovelace: “Teaching Network Marketers Simple Online Strategies To Generate Leads, Make Sales and Recruit Leaders Into Their Business”
If you enjoyed this article about Nine Tips On Productivity That Your Business Will Thank You For, please retweet and comment!Follow Me
Latest posts by Theresa Lovelace (see all)
- Why Everyone Is Sharing Quotes All Over Social Media - December 15, 2018
- If You Want To Succeed, You Begin By Helping Others - December 12, 2018
- Do You Have A Bucket List? What’s On It And Why? - September 26, 2018