Leadership! Everyone knows what a leader is, right? Well, maybe not. Leadership has been described in so many ways but not many descriptions have hit the nail on the head. Leadership has often been looked at as having to do with a person’s age or position in an organization. However, because a person is older or at the top level of the organization, doesn’t make him/her a leader.
There’s no magic that happens once a person reaches a certain age that qualifies him to be a leader. Some mistakenly think that a leader is a person with a title, however, being a leader has nothing to with titles. Anyone can be a leader especially outside of an organization such as a church, the community, even within the family.
I remember learning in high school about some of the attributes of leaders and one that always stood out in my mind was charisma. A charismatic leader, we were told, has the capability of swaying people to his way of thinking but the flaw here is that descriptive words have nothing to do with leading. And finally, some people think that leadership has to do with management. The difference between a manager and leader is that a manager does a myriad of things such as plan, monitor, revise, organize, plan, hire, fire, and coordinate to name a few. It is safe to say that managers manage things whereas leaders lead people. These are just a few of the erroneous ideas people have about leadership.
Leadership Is Influencing Others
In reality, a leader is someone who has the ability to influence others, maximizing their efforts towards the achievement of a goal. So, are you a leader? As network marketers, we’re all leaders. Why? Because of what we do. We are building teams and helping others in need and in doing so, we are helping them achieve their goals. To demonstrate our leadershp abilities, we should keep the following in mind:
- Educate yourself about network marketing. There is a lot to learn and if you’re going to become successful and lead others to success, soak up all you can from others who have made it in the industry. Show up at company events, read personal development books, attend webinars, watch videos, and visit websites geared to the niche and continue to do so on a consistent basis. In addition, there are many systems out there that offer guidance and assistance in marketing strategies. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that the training you get from your company will suffice in your journey for a successful business. While companies provide excellent training and personal development, so much more is needed as you attempt to brand yourself and subsequently help others do the same.
- Be a role model to your team by being on conference calls and showing up at weekly, monthly and annual events. Participate in the incentives and promotions of your company. Your team members will see your activity and will follow suit. This will be a plus not only to their business but to yours as well.
- Immediately think of yourself as a leader by being helpful, supportive and patient. Celebrate successes and provide encouragement. Inspire and motivate your team and any others seeking you out. Those who know less than you will come to you with questions and problems. As a leader, it is your responsibility to guide them to the answers and solutions. Mentoring, teleconferencing and coaching are ways that you develop others and establish yourself as an leader and authority in the industry. It also helps push your team members toward reaching their goals.
So as you can see, a leader is someone who has the ability to influence others, maximizing their efforts towards the achievement of a goal and as a leader guides others to reach their goals, his/her goals are also reached. Reflect. Are you truly a leader?
Did you find this helpful? If so, please leave a comment below and share on Facebook! Thank you!
Your partner on the journey,
P.S. Looking for ways to position yourself as a leader? CLICK HERE to gain access to a community that shows you how to do that and generate leads, sign up reps and make money from the 90% who say to your company!
“I teach network marketers top-earner secrets for building successful businesses online.”
If you enjoyed reading this post On Leadership, please retweet and comment! Thank you!Follow Me
Latest posts by Theresa Lovelace (see all)
- Is Sharing Social Media Content Written By Someone Else A No-No? - October 20, 2017
- How To Be More Productive In Your Network Marketing Business - October 10, 2017
- 5 Ways To Stand Out From The Competition - October 10, 2017