How Do You Combat Frustration And Doubt
Frustration and doubt! Ever get frustrated or began doubting yourself? Ever felt alone as you build your business? Being an entrepreneur can sometimes have you second guessing what it is you spend most of your time doing? I’ve had those feelings of being alone and frustrated when I couldn’t get anyone to look at my service and yes, those feelings of doubt do try to sneak in. It’s not easy doing this work.
Why? Because when you decided to be an entrepreneur, you took on a whole new role, a new mission and most importantly a new YOU. And, you’re constantly working at it, hammering away to get results. You’re branding yourself to be a leader – someone who has the ability to impact the lives of others but people around you simply don’t understand that. Many think that you should get a “real” job or be satisfied with what you have and most of all, stop bothering people with your product, service and business opportunity. That feeling of being alone and those little doubts that dance around you can be crippling, if you don’t have the tools. So, how do you combat frustration and doubt?
Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhoto.net
How to Look Frustration and Doubt In The Face And Not Give Up
So, when frustration and doubt try to sneak in, I use three tools to combat them:
- I remember my “WHY”. Each and every one of us began our entrepreneurial journey with a “why”. This could be a better life for your family, a family legacy, travel, charity or other things that you may have always wanted or wanted to do. We were instructed to write down our “why” and review it often. So, when when frustration and doubt rear their ugly heads, I look at my “why” and remember. Revisit your “why”. Write it on a piece of paper and post it in several places in your home. Make it visible so that you can see it all the time. When you wake up in the morning, say it to yourself. Before you go to bed at night, say it to yourself. Keep your “why” in the forefront as an excellent boost to get you back to the business of YOU.
- I look at my vision board. A vision board is an excellent tool to keep you motivated and on track to achieving your goals. It’s a board with pictures and other images along with inspirational and motivational words, phrases and quotes. The pictures could be of your family, the things you want like that car you always dreamed of or places you’ve always wanted to travel to. I guess you could think of it as your “why” in pictures and so much more. Your vision board, like your written “why” should be located in a place where you’ll always see it. This will keep you focused and knock those doubts to their knees whenever they come around.
- Another tool I use to keep me on track is personal development. There are so many videos out there on You Tube, for example, that will give you a burst of positive mindset. From the experts in our niche like Tony Robbins, Jim Rohn, Les Brown and Brian Tracy, to name a few, motivational, encouraging and inspirational words can rekindle any fires that may be flickering. Most of the time, it’s not just what’s being said in the video but it’s also the imagery, the music and sound effects – powerful!
With these three simple tools, anyone who has those moments of feeling alone, frustrated or doubtful can quickly and easily dispel them. Remember that it’s a journey and what’s at the end of the road is worth far more than those bumps in the road.
If you liked this post and found it helpful, please comment and share on Facebook! Thank you!
Your partner on the journey,
P.S. Want access to The Deep Abyss: Private VIP Access to an Inner-Circle, Top-Secret, High-Level Mastermind Guaranteed to Get You the Life of YOUR Dreams! CLICK HERE to learn more!
Theresa Lovelace: Inspiring, Motivating and Coaching Business Builders
If you enjoyed reading this post about Combatting Frustration And Doubt, please retweet and comment!. Thank you!
Latest posts by Theresa Lovelace (see all)
- Networking: The Golden Key To Network Marketing Success - January 27, 2017
- Dreams by Langston Hughes, An Entrepreneur’s Creed - January 18, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways To Promote Your Blog Posts - January 16, 2017