How do you get potential leads from reading your post to clicking for more information… whether a download, a PDF or a webinar? Without direction, they’ll probably move on to another post or another page. You have give them direction with a call to action.
What is a Call To Action?
When marketing your business, product or service online, use a call to action. A call to action is simply a line of text that directs or “calls” your prospects to take an immediate “action” after they’ve read your blog post, viewed your video or interacted with any content you’ve created.
It appears as a button or link to click and tells the prospect what to do. It also tells what he’ll get after he does it. A call to action is more likely to get clicked if the prospect is clear on what he’ll receive after clicking the link or button.
A Call To Action Should Create A Sense Of Urgency
Even in its most simplistic form, a call to action has to be strong and provide a sense of urgency. You want your prospects to feel as though they’ll lose out on something they need, something that can help them or solve a problem.
Here’s some words that can be interposed in a call to action: limited supply, while supplies last, hurry, this week only and offer ends.
A Call to Action Tells Your Prospect What To Do
So often, prospects will happen upon your blog, your business page or your website but don’t opt in to your offer. The reason, in many cases, is because you haven’t told them to. You have to gently push them into action by telling them what you want to do. It’s also important to emphasize that they do it immediately.
Some examples of a call to action phrases that are effective are: reserve your spot now, subscribe to my newsletter, your free trial is just a click away, order now and receive your free gift, expires at midnight tonight, get it now, download now and join now.
CTAs can be placed anywhere – on your website, after a blog post, in an email or in your status updates. Without a call to action, a post is incomplete and a potential customer is just another person who may read it but without your direction will go no further.
While providing great content is valuable to your prospects, what’s even more valuable is what you have in store for them once they take the action. So your goal is to draw their attention to what will help them make a decision at the same time increase your conversions and build your authority.
How To Write An Effective Call To Action
Do you want to write an effective call to action? Here are just 3 examples of effective call to actions:
- The Benefit CTA – This one has to offer some kind of benefit to your prospects. For example, an offer might be to double your traffic in 60 days. Then provide a link to a video that shows them how.
- The Free Trial CTA – you can offer a free trial rather than just go for the sale right away. Most people will leave your site if you ask them to buy from you initially. The free trial increases conversions with quality leads.
- The Instant Gratification CTA – This one provides the prospect with a solution to his problem. If you want him to take action right away, you don’t want to delay in giving him a solution. Any delay, regardless of how slight, may affect your conversion rate negatively. This is especially true for eBooks and other digital products.
Use a strong call to action on all of your posts to generate more leads and conversions. Without one, you’ll get nowhere fast!
You can read more about call to actions here…
Did you found this helpful? If so, please leave a comment and share on Facebook! Thank you!
Your partner on the journey,
Don’t leave without grabbing this FREE video. Click below!
Email Address: TeriLovelace@msn.com
Theresa Lovelace: “Teaching Network Marketers Simple Online Strategies To Generate Leads, Make Sales and Recruit People Into Their Business”
If you enjoyed this post about Give Your Prospects A Call To Action, please retweet and comment!
Latest posts by Theresa Lovelace (see all)
- Using Presentation Tools Is Network Marketing 101 - January 16, 2018
- Do You Feed Your Mind?Engage in Daily Mindset For Success - January 13, 2018
- Are You Open For Business? Why You Should Have Your Facebook Follow Button Activated - January 11, 2018