I’m sure you’ve heard that in marketing, people will only buy from people they know, like and trust. When I began my network marketing journey, I thought people would come in droves to buy my service because it is a great service. And even though it is, nobody cares about that and nobody came. Why? Because unless they knew who I was, they weren’t willing to buy anything from me…a perfect stranger. My job, then, was to build rapport online.
And so it goes, marketers all over the internet are posting, throwing, sticking, shoving and slapping their links everywhere. They don’t get that no one will respond because they don’t know them. Now, maybe they never heard about the ‘know, like and trust’ factor. It’s very possible. Let’s face it. It’s not flying around the atmosphere looking for a place to land. I learned it through my marketing training and that’s why I market much differently now.
Build Rapport Online
So, the ‘know, like and trust’ factor. What is it and how do you utilize it? The ‘know, like and trust’ factor is simply attracting people to you by getting them to know you, like you and trust you. How? By building rapport. Rapport is the name of the game.
What Is Rapport?
Do you know what rapport is? Rapport, by definition, is a relationship that is marked by a mutual understanding and trust. When people have things in common, it makes for easier and more effective communication.
How To Build Rapport Online
If you’re not sure how to build rapport online, here are 5 ways you can start with:
- Make connections. In your initial conversation, find commonalities between you and the other person. This is one of the easiest ways and probably the first way to build rapport. You can look on a person’s profile page and find something or some things that you can relate to. For example, maybe you once lived in their city or maybe you retired from the same occupation. Maybe you both love dogs or both have large families. It’s so much easier to strike up a conversation when you have something in common to talk about. In addition, seeing how other marketers, preferably those who have mastered the art of rapport, interact with people can prove beneficial.
- Share your wisdom and knowledge. Share what you know. Everyday there is a training, webinar, company event, new blog posts, videos and status updates. All of these yield new knowledge and up-to-date information. You can take the new knowledge and information and teach it to others. This can be done via videos of your own, blog posts, status updates and webinars. The more you give, the more people begin to like you and trust you. The more they come to depend on you. Of course, your face attached to what you’re sharing, your personality, your mannerisms and your core values come through allowing people to know the real you.
- Take an interest in your prospects. Be genuine and show that you really care about them and what’s important to them. Everyone has some issue, problem or situation they are facing or going through and when you show empathy, you also show that you are someone to be trusted. People open up to other people who show that they care and this makes it easier to continue to build rapport and the relationship.
- Be honest. Building rapport means talking to people about things that are important to them. Always be honest in your responses. People can usually tell when someone is not being 100%. This is an easy way to turn people off. When you show that you are honest and truthful, you make it that much easier for others to want to be around you, follow you and seek you out.
- Keep your word. Keeping your word tells a lot about a person’s character. If you say you’ll do something, whether to call at a particular time or send information, do it. Failure to do so may result in a breakdown in whatever rapport you may have already built.
Now that you have some tips on how to build rapport online, start implementing them when you reach out to prospects. Remember, do your homework first by checking out their profile and approach them in friendship rather than marketer.
Did you find value in this? If so, please share with others so they can learn how to build rapport online. Kindly leave a comment below and share on Facebook. Thank You!
Your partner on the journey,
Email Address: TeriLovelace@msn.com
Theresa Lovelace: “Teaching Network Marketers Simple Online Strategies To Generate Leads, Make Sales and Recruit People Into Their Business.”
If you enjoyed this post Build Rapport Online, 5 Easy Ways, retweet and comment, please!
Latest posts by Theresa Lovelace (see all)
- Why Everyone Is Sharing Quotes All Over Social Media - December 15, 2018
- If You Want To Succeed, You Begin By Helping Others - December 12, 2018
- Do You Have A Bucket List? What’s On It And Why? - September 26, 2018