Are you coachable? That’s one of the first questions you’re asked when looking to join a network marketing company. Most people say they are without a second thought but in many cases, they don’t fully understand what being coachable means. If you want to be an ideal recruit, one that any up line would gladly welcome on board, you have to be coachable.
What Does Being Coachable Mean?
Being coachable means that you are ready and willing to change, tranform and make improvements to yourself so you can then change your current situation. That IS why you join a network marketing company. Isn’t it?
In order for you to be successful in your network marketing business, you have to listen to your mentor, upline or any one who is given the task of “training” you to be successful in the business.
One of the reasons why many fail is that they don’t listen. They want to do things their way. They think that their way is a better way, an easier way or even a short cut. But they soon find out, that their way is none of the above. And if they are not willing to listen, they are doomed to fail.
Some of the behaviors of people who are not coachable are:
- always thinking they’re right
- unwilling to learn new things
- not willing to change
- having a pessimistic attitude
- indignant during constructive criticism
- cannot reflect upon their actions
- continually puts others down
6 Ways On Being Coachable
- Be willing to change. You have to accept the fact that you are not perfect and be ready to accept the responsibility of improving your life. Part of this responsibility and willingness is knowing that you have to step out out of your comfort zone to make the changes.
- Be willing to learn. You have entered unknown territory in your network marketing business. There will be a lot you don’t know. There will be things you’ve heard that may or may not be true. In any case, the only way to get it right is to be willing to learn – learn about the company, learn about its products/services, learn the system, learn the process, learn the lay of the land.
- Be willing to listen to constructive criticism. You have to be able to hear what the coach or upline is saying without getting defensive or getting your feelings hurt. This is serious business, changing your life, and it may be uncomfortable but… refer to the first bullet. Take what your coach says, do your own personal reflections and then implement.
- Be honest. In order for you to change, you have to be up front about what’s holding you back, standing in your way or preventing you from moving forward. More often than not, these conversations may be difficult ones but they are equally important ones. Your personal development is a catalyst for change and and your change depends on what you reveal about your situation.
- Be excited about new ideas. Listen to what others say and learn from them. None of us are finished learning and many times new ideas create a fire in us that are hard to extinguish.
- Be aware of yourself. Know who you are, reflect on it and how it impacts others on your team.
Keep In Mind…
The important thing to remember is that your coach/upline is interested in you becoming successful. In order to be coachable, you have to be a good student and listen, do, reflect, repeat. As long as you keep your personal feelings out of it, you will be successful.
A good coach will make his players see what they can be rather than what they are.” -Ara Parasheghian
Coaching image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhoto.net
I hope you enjoyed reading this and found value. If so, kindly leave a comment below and share on Facebook. Thank You!
Your partner on the journey!
Email Address: TeriLovelace@msn.com
Theresa Lovelace: “Teaching Network Marketers Simple Online Strategies To Generate Leads, Make Sales and Recruit People Into Their Business”
If you enjoyed this post on 6 Ways Being Coachable Will Make You An Ideal Recruit, retweet and comment, please!
Latest posts by Theresa Lovelace (see all)
- Do You Have A Bucket List? What’s On It And Why? - September 26, 2018
- Is There A Proven System To Help Me Become A Success? - September 7, 2018
- 3 Confidence Building Tips When Family And Friends Are Unsupportive - May 21, 2018