Life is full of distractions. There are distractions everywhere. As a busy marketer, you have to avoid distractions. There are activities that you want and need to accomplish everyday. These are the activities that are going to draw you closer to a successful business. But you’re distracted and can’t stay on task. It happens – for some people, more so than for others. Distractions. They can surround you and envelope you if you don’t have simple strategies to keep them at bay.
Everyone’s day is filled with activities ranging from personal, family, community, in some cases and business. As a result, marketers are constantly getting distracted by all the bells and whistles that very often take their focus off what they’re doing. Following is a list of some things you can do to avoid distractions, if not eliminate distractions, and stay on task.
Stay On Task With these 8 Distraction Busters
- Bust the background noise – So many of us are used to doing everything with the TV on or the radio playing in the background. Background noises from these can rob you of your complete and total focus on whatever you’re working on. Most people say the background sound doesn’t affect them. But we have to be honest and admit that when we hear a word or phrase on the TV, we look up. Or, if we hear a familiar song on the radio, we sing along. When your focus is not 100%, your business will slow down. Your goal is to stay on task.
- Bust the noisy work area – Designate your work area in a place where there is little activity. The living room or a corner in the kitchen may not be places conducive to work because of the traffic in and out of these areas. A lesser used room or even an office are better suited to working on your business. Displaying a sign such as, “My Quiet Zone”, “Do Not Disturb”, or simply “Working” lets family members know that you are busy and cannot be disturbed. As a reminder, talk with your family about the important work you are doing. Have them understand and agree to keeping your work time sacred.
- Bust the cell phone – When beginning to work, turn your cell phone off. Most of us have alarms set, notifications set and other sounds, beeps and rings going off at all times of the day. This is one of the top distractions of all. If you turn your phone off completely, not just silence it, you won’t be distracted by the sounds. They are temptations to see who’s calling, liking, favoriting, tweeting, emailing, messaging and posting. Another way to avoid distractions and stay on task!
- Bust the social media notifications – Being logged in to social media is an invitation to notice the activity that is occurring every second. Notifications of who’s posting where, who liked, commented and shared what, friend requests and messaging are all distractions because as long as most people are online, they cannot resist in taking note and responding. When engaged in your work, this can be detrimental because, again, it robs you of your work time and your business will suffer.
- Bust the cluttered work space – Make sure your work space is clutter-free. Sometimes things pile up like papers, used post-it notes, pens, rubber bands, mail – you get my point – and we have a tendency to begin to look at or look through piles of “stuff” on our work station. This “stuff” is a distraction. Keeping your work space organized is a key element of staying on task.
- Bust the email check – Emails come in all day long. Do you really have time to check them as they come in? It makes more sense to allocate a time in your day, usually after the money-making activities are done, to check them and respond where necessary. Every minute you use to check your inbox, to respond to emails, or delete junk mail is a waste of valuable time your business can use.
- Bust junk foods – Junk foods are quick and easy to down but the reality is that junk food is exactly what the name says. Because junk foods do not have the nutrients needed to keep you healthy, you will feel tired and lack the energy needed to stay on task. Junk foods also contain high levels of fat and sodium which lead to poor performance. Those with high dietary fat could actually cause a lack of concentration because your body is not getting sufficient oxygen. Certain foods are instrumental in keeping your attention and focus. Foods like oatmeal, dark chocolate and blueberries are agents of productivity. Eat those instead of junk food.
- Bust the faulty time schedule – Plan out your daily activities so there is time for everything. Although distractions are a business’s enemy, there is a time that’s acceptable for those things we call distractions when attempting to work. Watching your favorite television show, listening to music, playing with the kids, checking emails, going on social media etc. can all be done. Just keep your work time for working your business.
These are some of the ways you can easily avoid distractions and stay on task when you’re working at building your business. If you’re a serious marketer, then you know the importance of keeping the focus and attention on be productive and engaging in your daily money-making activities.
I hope you found value and if you did, please leave a comment below and SHARE on Facebook! Thank you.
Your partner on the journey,
P.S. Want to be 300% more productive? Sound impossible? How different would your home business, and lifestyle be if you were that much more productive? Click here NOW to discover 23 tips to be more productive!
Email Address: TeriLovelace@msn.com
Theresa Lovelace: “Teaching Network Marketers Simple Online Strategies To Generate Leads, Make Sales and Recruit Leaders Into Their Business”
If you enjoyed this post on how to Avoid Distractions And Stay On Task For Productivity, retweet and comment, please!
Latest posts by Theresa Lovelace (see all)
- Why Everyone Is Sharing Quotes All Over Social Media - December 15, 2018
- If You Want To Succeed, You Begin By Helping Others - December 12, 2018
- Do You Have A Bucket List? What’s On It And Why? - September 26, 2018