Do you know what evergreen content is? Have you ever read a book…more than once? Not every book is one that you’d want to read again and again but there are those special books that are that irresistible. Those are the books with those illuminating characters, magical places and intriguing plots. You just can’t help getting hooked.
If you read a book like that today, you could still pick it up and read it again five years from today or even ten years from today and it would never be old. I can give you a great example, The Far Pavilions. Best book I ever read and I read it twice. It’s timeless! That’s an example of evergreen content.
So What Is Evergreen Content Anyway?
So what exactly is evergreen content? If you’re not familiar with the term, just think about an evergreen tree. An evergreen tree stays green, keeping its leaves year round. As a marketer establishing and maintaining your position of leadership in the marketplace, you want to produce content that will never die.
This means content that will be relevant and applicable regardless of when it is read. One of the most important factors of evergreen content is that it is quality content. And though most content you may read is quality, evergreen content is sustainable and long-lasting. It offers value to everyone who reads it whether today, next month or next year and as long as it can be linked to and can continue to generate traffic, it’s evergreen.
If you were to look at a graph that displayed the results of a newly written and shared blog post, you might see a spike in traffic but just as quickly as traffic spikes, it declines. While this is not a bad thing in and of itself, you want to write content that spikes traffic, then shows a steady growth, engagement and links over time. This is what happens when you post evergreen content.
For example, changes occurring in social media which happen all the time. If you were to write about one such change, it may be very relevant at that particular time but when the next change comes, that content will be obsolete. Whether or not the content will be relevant for a long period time or not, we need all kinds of content because content informs, educates and explains. So it is just as important to write about topics that will be short-lived as it is to write about topics that will stand the test of time.
6 Types Of Evergreen Content
These are just 6 examples of evergreen content:
- resources – a resource page gives readers a place where they can find what they need. This kind of content can build traffic and boost your site’s reputation. Here’s an example: Smart Passive Income Resources.
- user tips – posts that provide basic user information on a host of different things. An example of a user tips content: Computer User Tips
- informational posts – this content gives information that people would look for to help them understand or learn something. Here is an example of an informational post: The Complete Guide To Building Your Blog Audience.
- “how to” posts – posts that explain how to do something. While there may be many other written pieces about the same topic, your task is to make yours stand out like adding a video or images, including a link similar content or other differences. An example of a how to post: How To Network The Right Way
- frequently asked questions – this type of content contains questions that are often asked about a particular topic with answers. Here’s an example of FAQ content: 10 Most Frequently Asked Content Marketing Questions
- “history of” – this content tells how something got its beginnings. It is educational and can be updated as time goes on. Here is an example of the history of: The History of Advertising in 60 Seconds.
Need more ideas on writing evergreen content, CLICK HERE
Did you find this content helpful? If so, please leave a comment and share on Facebook! Thank you!
Your partner on the journey,
P.S. CLICK HERE for your FREE 12 Minute Video That Reveals How You Can Instantly Create Your Must-Have Celebrity “Guru-Status” with PROVEN “Done-for-You” Articles that Get YOU Noticed, Get YOU Leads, and Get YOU Paid, ALL ON COMPLETE AUTOPILOT!
Email Address: TeriLovelace@msn.com
Theresa Lovelace: “Teaching Network Marketers Simple Online Strategies To Generate Leads, Make Sales and Recruit Leaders Into Their Business”
If you enjoyed reading this post about 6 Types Of Evergreen Content For Your Blogging Strategies, please retweet and comment! Thank you!Follow Me
Latest posts by Theresa Lovelace (see all)
- What’s This Proven System Everybody’s Talking About? - September 7, 2018
- 3 Confidence Building Tips When Family And Friends Are Unsupportive - May 21, 2018
- 5 Common Marketing Mistakes People Make When Taking Their Business Online - May 18, 2018