Did you know that you can be a leader? It’s true! When you decided to build your business online, the door to leadership opened. People will only buy from those they know, like and trust. We all know that. So when you took the online route, it meant getting yourself out there so people could get to know you, like you and trust you. That, of course, comes as a result of what you do online. Do you want to know how to become a leader?
You Can Be A Leader
Being a leader in this industry means providing a steady stream of value to the people who need it. It’s not about getting people to click on your link or trying to sign people up into your opportunity. Being a servant is what it’s about. Helping, supporting and providing solutions is what it’s about. You can be a leader if you genuinely do that and on a regular basis.
Here are 30 easy ways you can be a leader:
- Adopt a servant leadership mindset. Make the decision that you want to help people then set out to help them. Put the needs of those you serve before your own. This means stop looking for your commissions or how many people you can sign up to your opportunity. Look for people who are looking for you and ways to serve them.
- Let people know who you are, what you do and what you stand for. You will also be noticed and recognized for what you do on social media. What you say, what you post and the quality of the value you provide will set you apart from the rest.
- Choose a strategy that you want to specialize in, for example Instagram, and learn all there is to learn about it. Master it then teach it.
- Attend webinars and other on-line trainings. Continue to learn and grow for your own personal development but also be an example for your team and any one else who may look up to you. Let your actons be duplicatable so your team, in turn, can emulate what you do. Take notes to create quality pieces of content to share with your target audience.
- Attend company events and take notes so you can provide the latest, up to date content for your followers.
People Follow Leaders
- Attend company events and take pictures with leaders who are present. Post to social media as social proof and credibility.
- Set up your blog as a resource hub with information and products of interest to your target audience. Your blog is also a vehicle to display your expertise and credibility. When people see that you are a leader, they will be more inclined to follow you.
- Make videos providing content, further adding to your brand. Include how to’s, reviews, motivation and mindset. This is another opportunity to show yourself as a credible expert. People can connect with you when they actually see your face, experience your mannerisms and facial expressions. You become more human via videos than words on a page.
- Set up a fan page and post a variety of content: inspirational, motivational, lifestyle, training, resources, articles, images, etc. Post several times a day. Allow your members to post value and acknowledge and interact with their content.
- Follow other leaders and mimic what they do. Success leaves clues. You can provide these same clues to those who are following you.
More Ways You Can Be A Leader
- Conduct webinars. Webinars are another way to gain exposure and portray yourself as a knowledgeable leader.
- Build your email list and email them daily with content, updates, invitations to trainings, interesting articles, inspiration, motivation, etc. You can use your newsletter as a means to teach.
- Build relationships. Meet and connect with people daily. Listen to their stories, their issues and problems. Be interested. Offer the solutions they seek.
- Engage in daily mindset. Listen to audios, videos, read books by motivational leaders. Apply what you learn and share it with your audience.
- Conduct hangout where you provide training for your followers and/or team in an informal setting.
Lead With Value
- Share tips and tricks that you use in your own marketing. People are eager to get ideas from leaders who are having success.
- Always be genuine and helpful. Let that be your trademark. People will remember it and remember you.
- Provide multiple ways for prospects to contact you. i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Skype, email, etc.
- Lead by example. Let people see that you “walk the walk” not just “talk the talk.”
- Stand for something and let your stance come through in your content.
A Leader Knows The Way And Shows The Way
- Be the “go to” person for information that your target audience craves. You become the “go to” person by learning and mastering strategies and techniques that result in a continuous flow of leads.
- Maintain your posture at all times. Always remember that you are a professional. It’s okay to “let your hair down”… sometimes. Just be mindful that you are a role model and people are looking up to you.
- Think “benefit.” How will what you have or have to say benefit others? The benefits always outweigh the features. Allow the benefits to come through while speaking to prospects showing that yuo know and understand what it is they are looking for and need.
You Can Be A Leader By Lifting Others Up
- Provide daily motivation via status updates, podcasts or short videos.
- Conduct a challenge: video, Fan Page, etc. to motivate people into taking action. Challenges are fun and encourage people to get out of their comfort zone.
- Create a Facebook Group using your name in its title. Provide content, tips and other valuable information.
- Guest blog. In doing so, you add value to the other person’s blog but you also begin building relationships with other bloggers. This helps you build your realm of influence on social media. You gain more subscribers as a result.
- Be a guest speaker.
- Join a forum and contribute to the conversations taking place. Answer questions, comment and respond.
What Are You Willing to Do?
All of the above are examples of how you can be a leader. In the marketplace, there is a need for your leadership because people are looking for someone who is offering what they need. What are you willing to do? Some? All? A few? Whatever the answer, make certain that you leave a mark in the marketplace so others will know you as an effective servant leader.
Read more about leadership HERE.
Bonus: Leadership QuotesOur chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be. Click To Tweet
Did you find this helpful? If so, please leave a comment and share on Facebook.
Your partner on the journey,
P.S. Get Instant Access To The No Excuses Summit Digital Recordings. The World’s Best Traffic Generation, Lead Acquisition And Sales Conversion Experts Have Exposed Their Most Powerful Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, Instagram And Podcasting Strategies…And It’s all On Tape. Click HERE For Instant Access
Email Address: TeriLovelace@msn.com
Theresa Lovelace: “Teaching Network Marketers Simple Online Strategies To Generate Leads, Make Sales and Recruit People Into Their Business”
If you enjoyed this post, 30 Ways You Can Be A Leader In The Marketplace, please retweet and comment!
Latest posts by Theresa Lovelace (see all)
- Is Sharing Social Media Content Written By Someone Else A No-No? - October 20, 2017
- How To Be More Productive In Your Network Marketing Business - October 10, 2017
- 5 Ways To Stand Out From The Competition - October 10, 2017