When new network marketers are first introduced to attraction marketing, one of main things they hear is, “You have to position yourself as a leader. That’s when people will begin to notice you and follow you. Eventually, they’ll buy from you but not before you put value into the marketplace.” Those words scared me when I first began marketing.
“What value could I possibly put into the marketplace,” I thought. “I’m a former teacher/administrator. I know lots about children and instruction but I know nothing about marketing.” I soon learned, though, that we all have value and what we don’t know, we make up for by what we learn.
Ten Ways To Emerge As A Leader
If you’re new to network marketing, here are ten easy ways you can position yourself as a leader in the marketplace:
- HAVE A MISSION MINDSET. Change your way of thinking from what’s in it or me to how can I help? People want to know that you care about their needs and problems and will provide solutions for them. Be of service, be genuine and be of value. People naturally gravitate towards others who provide solutions ot their problems and answers to their questions. People like getting tips and tricks from others who know what they’re atalking about. If you have a “mission” mindset and set out to help people in network marketing need, you will fare better than one who just chases after customers.
- FOLLOW LEADERS AND MIMIC WHAT THEY DO. Everyone learns best from others who’ve traveled that road, whatever that road is. If we follow someone who has been successful and do what they do, we can teach others the same.
- BRAND YOURSELF. Brand yourself via your profile picture, your personal brand statement and the content you deliver. People will get to know you and what you stand for when you create your personal brand.
- BE GENUINE AND HELPFUL. Let that be your trademark. People appreciate feeling that they are being helped by someone who genuinely wants to help. There’s nothing worse than feeling as if you’re bothering someone especially someone who is considered a leader.
- PROVIDE MULTIPLE WAYS FOR PEOPLE TO FIND YOU. Being of service means being accessible for your prospects. Be transparent about the various social media platforms in which they can follow you such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Skype, Linked In, Google+, Pinterest, etc.
- PROVIDE DAILY MOTIVATION. Keep people motivated. It can be easy to get disheartened in this industry but hearing the motivating words of a leader always brings a person back to life. This can be done by status updates, mindset calls, podcasts or short videos.
- CREATE A FACEBOOK GROUP. Put your name in the group’s name and provide daily content, training, tips and other useful information. Be a constant resource. People will always look to you for advice, solutions and answers.
- CONDUCT A CHALLENGE. Challenges motivate people to take action. Video challenges, Fan Page challenges, Social Media Content challenges and others help people tread into unchartered waters and makes them more comfortable as they come out of their comfort zone to participate in the various challenges.
- MAINTAIN YOUR POSTURE. Keep cool and confident and remain professional. This attitude lets the prospect know that what you have is of value, sells itself and that convincing and persuading is not necessary. It also lets the prospect know that you are not desperate for him to jump on board to become a member of your team. In fact, he has to quality to become a member.
- BE A GUEST SPEAKER. Scout the community and find upcoming events. Offer your services as a guest speaker to speak about your product, service or opportunity. Also, be a resource for network marketing and marketing, in general.
These are just some of the many ways you can position yourself as a leader in the marketplace. Begin implementing the ones you feel comfortable with and soon you’ll start to notice a small following that will grow steadily.
Did you find value in this? If so, please share with others so they can learn quick, simple ways to position themselves as leaders in the marketplace!
I hope this helped you. If so, kindly leave a comment below and share on Facebook. Thank You!
Your partner on the journey!
P.S. Get ACCESS to a professional community and educational platform that trains network marketers in ALL aspects of the business. CLICK here NOW to learn more!
Email Address: TeriLovelace@msn.com
Theresa Lovelace: Inspiring, Motivating and Coaching Business Builders
If you enjoyed this post on 10 Ways To Emerge As A Leader, retweet and comment, please!
Latest posts by Theresa Lovelace (see all)
- Networking: The Golden Key To Network Marketing Success - January 27, 2017
- Dreams by Langston Hughes, An Entrepreneur’s Creed - January 18, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways To Promote Your Blog Posts - January 16, 2017